Thursday, November 6, 2008

Legal Alien in Singapore - Day 5

Friday, 31st October 2008 It’s time to leave Singapore, and with a few hours left, I try to walk around the Changi Airport. And the GST refund makes me wonder. And the fact is tourists may claim reimbursement of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) paid on goods purchased from retailers participating in the Tourist Refund Scheme. There are eligibility criteria and conditions, but I am only aware of a minimum of $100 to claim this GST. In other words, you can get your money back after $100 per transaction outside the Changi Airport. Not all the money, only the tax you had already paid! It’s fair enough, right? Lots of shops inside this airport. For the last-minute shopping, it's more than enough, from foods, toys, chocolates, and electronic gadgets. That’s all for my trip to Singapore. I hope you can enjoy reading it too.

5 comments:

levian said...

suddenly feel like going overseas for a trip, all thanks to your continuous posts. hehe.

Katherine said...

I love Singapore's airport! So much to do in there! :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I get only a dream to real up!
I added ypu blog link to My Blog

hanks, before it!

Seno said...

wah asik banget trip nya. ajak2 dunk he,,he,, salam

shiera (bisdakbabbles) said...

I love Changi airport! but I've never stepped outside the airport yet. I hope I could do that soon ^-^