There are two types, for indoor and outdoor.
For the indoor:
- Just lock the doors and windows as a habit. Even you leave the house for a few minutes. With the modern technology the use of home alarm will help a lot.
- Try to illuminate as much of your expensive property. It will lure the thieves to be the target of a crime.
- When on vacation remember to set the electronic timers for indoor lights, TV or radio.
And for the outdoor:
- Please don't leave any house keys near the door, such as doormat, potted plant or even above the door. It's too easy for the thief to find it. Nowadays, this silly act can be change by simply using the latest home security device such as fingerprint door lock.
- Remember to lock the garage door, because it's not funny to know that thieves will use the tools available in the garage to break into your house.
- Use timers to maintain the outdoor lights. This simple tip will create illusion that is somebody in the house.
- Be a good neighbor. When on vacation, we can the neighbors to pick up the mails or newspapers, so it looks like there are people in the house.
With all the precaution we take, technology surely can help us more. By installing a complete home security system in the house such as burglary detection, CCTV, fire and smoke detection, carbon monoxide detectors, gas detectors and other safety devices.